Finance for Non Finance Managers – 2 days
Program Objective: This program is designed to impart basic knowledge to line managers about some common management financial reports to enable them to carry out simple analyses so that they can identify the health of operations and trigger their concerns for making improvement in their own areas of responsibilities.
Deliverables: By the end of this program, participants will be able to:
1. Understand the various financial implications that are pertinent to management control and be able to measure effectiveness of operations
2. Differentiate between the usefulness of financial accounting and management accounting reports
3. Analyze the financial ratios to identify the company’s financial strength and weakness so that they can create appropriate strategic plans to achieve Company’s vision;
4. Carry out simple analyses measuring returns using R.O.I, opportunity cost, stock management and inventories control ratios through both financial & non financial Key Performance Indicators
5. Make use of the 9 pointers to have quick overall brief of the company
1. Essential financial management terminology and tools
2. The importance and limitations of using numbers to predict, plan and control
3. Essential Financial Statements ( Balance sheet, P&L account, Management accounts, Cash flow Plan, Operating Budget Plan etc) and integrated with company strategy and vision;
4. The relationships, usefulness and limitations of each component of Financial Statements with real-world class cases
5. Understanding the Big Picture of doing Business and enhancing business acumen in management
6. Looking beyond numbers for completeness and holistic management approach.
7. 9 Pointers of Financial Analysis ; Qualitative, Qualitative and External Aspects
8. How to achieve Progress, Profitability and Prosperity in today’s rapidly changing world.
9. Main Types of Non-financial Ratios ( understanding rejection rate, waste ratio, complaint ratio, warranty ratios and delivery on schedule ratio ) to use to analyze the underlying causes and benchmark
10. Understanding the difference between core competencies and capability
11. Understanding, analyzing and using Financial Ratios in management
12. Cash Conversion Cycle, Free Cash Flow
13. How to response to the rapid changes to External Factors (Market Driven) to stay ahead