With duly acquired skills, innate discipline, and an objective approach, the profession of value investor can be highly rewarding and inspiring. Investing is multi-disciplinary as it brings together elements of finance, strategy, marketing, operations, and financial reporting, among others, into one place.
Value investing basically involves buying securities that are underpriced – and selling those that are overpriced – with a great emphasis on the margin of safety. Bill Graham pioneered this approach, while the likes of Warren Buffet gave it the centre-stage exposure that it deserved.
Value investors are able to generate outsized returns on a consistent basis in investment strategies that tend to outperform over a longer-term investment horizon. As such, this course is intended to provide participants with key investment tools and they will be working with given real time financial statements.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Identify the strong fundamental sound company that is suitable for value investing;
2. Differentiate between growth stock and value stock;
3. Have sound comprehension of what stocks constitute as value stock in term of its characteristics; business and mission.
4. Understand why this stock can outperform the market and deliver excellent result; and
5. Address those critical concerns especially in relation to the investors’ perspective.
6. Understand the economic, business, and financial analysis unique to value investing;
7. Analyze a range of public-company business for investment purposes;
8. Value public companies and securities through a range of financial analysis tools; and
9 Learn about, conduct, and effectively communicate to investors the original investment research focused on publicly listed companies.
Understand what makes value investing
· What makes value investing
· Why Qualitative insight is crucial
· Clear understanding of core competencies & their importance
· Long term shareholders
· Causes and consequences
· Financial and Non-financial perspectives
· The leading and lagging indicators, its relationships & implications
· Seeing the invisible
· Multi-dimension to shape its future especially in today’s fast changing world (6 Ps)
· Hands On experience
Free Cash Flow
- Why cash flow is important than profit
- Cash Conversion Cycle
- Real application & exercise
- Understand their stories
- Its value, vision & mission
- Identify Core Challenges?
Qualitative aspects of the Company
· Brain of the company
· Why you need three key ingredients of Integrity, Intelligence and Energy that can direct, drive and deliver its excellent results,
· How value, beliefs and culture play a crucial roles and how it has been applied in Walmart.
Video – empty your mind & its qualities
Response well with external changes
· Focus on Inner and response well to external changes
· Like water
· Core competency and not capability
· Transformation video
Simple business and it model
Sum up / Q & A / Discussion
Sum Up/ Q & A
Key take-back messages
END OF DAY 1
ESSENTIAL FINANCIAL AND MIND-SET FOR ENTREPRENEURS
"SO, YOU WANT TO RUN YOUR OWN BUSINESS - BUT ARE WORRIED THAT YOUR FINANCIAL KNOWLEDGE AND MIND-SET WILL LET YOU DOWN?"
LISTEN, I know where you’re coming from!
At university I specialized in Accounting. I was always interested in owning my own business, but given a choice between entrepreneurship or performing exciting practical experiments in financial analysis, establishing sound integrated system and business model to grow the business, I’m afraid the entrepreneurship won every time!
But when I left university and realized I wanted to be an entrepreneur, I knew I’d have to polish up my financial skill, wealth and mind-set. This course is the labour of my love from more than my 30 solid years of professional and personal experiences.
So I explored, borrowed or bought every possibility to entrepreneurship I could lay my hands on, and spent many hours alone in studying, exploring and experiencing them whenever there are opportunities.
And even though nowadays I’m a successful freelance writer, trainer and entrepreneur, I’m still fascinated by financial know-how. I love nothing more than explaining in simple terms the intricacies of financial stories, wealth and mind-set to aspiring entrepreneurs.
...And that’s EXACTLY what I’ve done in my brand new training program ESSENTIAL FINANCE AND MINDSET FOR ENTREPRENEURS
“The Simplest Way to Diagnose Financial Statements” - Sharing by Mr. James Oh
Rapidly changing business landscape has created a proliferation of global trading risks and costs, compounded by competition. Thus, invisible ingredients such as Purpose, Profit, Performance, People, Process and Planet (6Ps) become more evident and important.
There is a need to quickly identify the strengths and weaknesses from its financial statements so as to ascertain its 6Ps with much certainty.
The starting point is to have correct understanding of the connectivity between each component of financial statements at a much deeper level before you can look beyond to ascertain its potential, the pitfalls, strategic path and plan with much certainty.
Do you have any difficulty in diagnosing financial statements without losing sight of the big picture? If you do, then you should not miss this session.
In this session, you will learn from James:-
· Simplest, practical and effective ways to analyse both the fundamentals and key functional aspects of the company;
· Thorough understanding on how to build a strong financial foundation and framework by focusing on those key ingredients;
· Identify both its key strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats;
· Fundamental and functional aspects of financial statements;
· Alert to the external changes and respond appropriately to achieve sustainable business growth and profitability;
· Craft own strategic path and plan respectively based on its own strengths and weaknesses;
· Able to detect opportunities and the challenges of its current financial performance and position together with its insightful information.